Wednesday, July 13, 2011

primary colors set...almost

About a week ago I spotted this set in a thrift store.  However, these people knew what they had and priced them more at the antique level - $74.95.  Hmm, not going to pay that, so I admired from afar.  On my way out I did notice that they offer a percentage off based on the color of the tag (seems to be quite the trend at thrift stores these days, but I'm not complaining).  I realized that the orange tag meant 25% off that day, but no, I wanted more!  Yesterday I took the husband to the same store to check it out, and guess what?  Orange tags were now 50% off!  After a closer examination of the set, they were mine.  Now I am on the hunt for the blue 401 (which I have seen just recently, but had no reason to buy it).


All three bowls are in really good condition.  They have a slight color fade around the rim, but overall, no major dings or scratches.  Now I just have to find a place for them, I'm thinking I'm going to have to get creative!

2 comments:

  1. It was worth the wait - I'm sure you'll find the blue bowl before long.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the wait! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete