Friday, July 22, 2011

Love my new mixing bowls!!




Hi All! I would like to introduce myself.  I am Sherry from Hello Vintage, a collector of all kinds of vintage and retro treasures. Thanks so much to all the posters on The Pyrex Collective blogs, I have been really enjoying all the gorgeous bright colours. I am hoping to have many finds to share with you in the future.

I used to love baking when I was young (still do). I would use Mum’s sets of  Pyrex mixing bowls as these were all she had. However it wasn’t until I had a borrowed one of hers in my cupboard that I realised how much I really liked them. I did wonder if she would notice if I kept it...  Just joking, it is now back safe with her (for the time being  - evil grin). I think there might be quite a few people collecting Pyrex around my area as I rarely see them at garage sales and oppies. I found this set of mixing bowls above (401,402,403) at the Port Adelaide Wharf Market marked (AU)$35,  I paid $30. Not a GREAT price compared to a garage sale, but I didn’t think it was too bad?  What do you think? I am really glad I bought them; they are so pretty and in fantastic condition. It’s possible they were never even used by looking at them.



This dish I bought for a $1 at a garage sale (no lid). I think I am likely to stick with mixing bowls for the time being however with prices like that what can you do?



3 comments:

  1. Love your set of mixing bowls. It's hard to judge prices as they differ from location to location. In such great condition I think you found a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I just got the dark green bowls of that set. Still on the look out for the light green one, though. You are lucky to have found them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have an Australian contributor. Looking forward to seeing what kind of Pyrex are available down under :)

    ReplyDelete