Saturday, July 9, 2011

fifty cent finds!

Well, being a teacher on summer break I have quite a bit of time for thrifting.  This week I dedicated a little time each day to hitting a different part of town.  I found I was pretty successful every other day.  One of my favorite finds was this Butterfly Gold mixing bowl.  When I found it it wasn't priced and I was hoping to get it for $5.  I think the man was just happy to have someone in his thrift store (it was more junk than anything) and said he would sell it to me for fifty cents!!!  I was so excited.  I have really come to love this pattern, again, easy to find, but for fifty cents, it will be a great daily user.  Hopefully now the husband will leave my New Dots bowls alone!


Have a great weekend - Educated...not so domesticated

4 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a 50 cent bowl - and when it's one you like - even better.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a separate cabinet for the "useable" stuff, otherwise my partner would just grab anything. One time, I caught him eating macaroni and cheese out of my Frost Garland promo casserole and I nearly slugged him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful deal! I think that is a pretty darn great Pyrex bowl for 50 cents! h

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great deal!! And, you should tell hubby that the New Dots bowl is "hands off!" lol

    ReplyDelete