Sunday, August 21, 2011

What I picked up at Value Village...and what I left behind

I'm trying to limit my pyrex-collecting by only buying pieces that I need (for cooking or serving)...and only in either pink or turquoise color schemes.

Here are 3 items that passed my "collection test" recently:

Butterprint 444 Cinderella Mixing bowl:
Flamingo Pink and Lime Green pie plates (ok...so the lime green item just snuck in...but it was too pretty to leave behind!)
And here's what didn't make the cut:
Colonial Mist clear mixing bowls:
Pink clear bottom pyrex bowls (I do regret not picking this up, although I have a red set....this is much prettier)
red 402 mixing bowl
Daisy and Woodland mixing bowls (ok...now I'm regretting not buying the Daisy bowl!)
Forest Fancies Bake Serve Store Casseroles
I'm not sure if writing this post was such a good idea...I'm now having second thoughts about the pieces I left behind!

11 comments:

  1. I also passed by a clear bowl set on the weekend - but I wouldn't have left the red bowl behind or the daisy bowl - that's sweet!!! I've had buyer's remorse so many times too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be having second thoughts, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that, say well I don't 'need' that piece and leave it and then think but I love it why didn't I get it. The collectors dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much did you pay for your Butterprint bowl? I recently found one that size for $12.99 and another one a couple of weeks later for $3.99, both at Value Village and both in mint condition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know much about Daisy, but I love the yellow handles on that bowl. I'm definitely going to drag my fiancé to the local VV when I'm visiting him next weekend! Right before going to Purdy's....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see some English pyrex on a lower shelf too! Good for you for having some restraint. And yes, I would have brought the Daisy bowl home too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! what restraint. The red and the daisy would have been mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love that daisy bowl!

    I totally would have picked it up (sorry!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spy the english piece on the bottom shelf and a yellow printed piece that may or may not be pyrex. I couldn't have left to much behind. I love Pyrex to much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the daisy bowl! I've never seen that design before!

    ReplyDelete