Friday, August 19, 2011

Saying Hi!


I'm a new contributor to the Collective, but I've been reading all your posts for awhile. I just thought I would say hi and introduce myself. My name is Wendy. I'm an elementary school teacher in the Seattle area. I've been collecting Pyrex for about a year now. I collect a little bit of everything, but I really love the turquoise. Recently, I was able to pick up this beauty for a mere $8 at a local Goodwill.

The bowls were with the kitchen wares, but I had to search the store for the elusive bracket. Luckily I was able to find it! You can read the whole story here. I'm looking forward to sharing my Pyrex finds with everyone and seeing all yours.

10 comments:

  1. Great find and for a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of Pyrex. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo lucky!! I would love to find this...even for double the price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky I think I'm gonna puke with envy.

    Oh yeah I think I might be able to resent you too for such good luck.

    It sickens me.

    Yeeesssshhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - this is an amazing piece! welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Collective! I've been collecting for three years and have never found turquoise Pyrex!!! Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great find! I love the turquoise pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy, I'm Holly! What a lovely color! The GW workers probably had no idea what that bracket was! ♥

    ReplyDelete