Sunday, August 21, 2011

A $25 week

I was away on vacation - from thrifting as well :) - for the first half of July, and ever since I got back there's been a serious Pyrex dry spell in my area. Well...not any more. Here is what I found - all on separate days last week - at ONE local VV:

-401 and 402 Butterprint in near perfect condition: $2 each.

-Zodiac promo with the patterned lid and a cradle. Although the cradle was taped together with the dish and lid, I don't think it's the right one based on some quick Flickr research. (If anyone knows which dish/pattern the cradle belongs to please let me know.) All were in very good condition for $15.

-Turquoise Gooseberry JAJ that's far from perfect but I had to have it: $3.

-And the Friendship 474 with a clear/unpatterned lid (seriously, I think my VV is making up their own sets...): $3.

I really hope this streak continues, but I'm starting to run out of space. I love seeing everyone's posts on here by the way and it really helped to see pretty new Pyrex every day while I wasn't finding any of my own :)

9 comments:

  1. The Zodiac Promo is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i find weird is that I don't think Gooseberry was ever done in that color. You have Pink, and black with white or yellow background. But I could be wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love the round mixing bowls, but they seem hard to come by around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing everyone's Pyrex, too. I don't find it at the thrifts- just the antique $tores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh aqua gooseberry! This is UK pyrex! I saw a set on etsy recently but it was a bit out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VV makes up their own sets all the time! So annoying. I'd rather be able to buy just the lid or the bottom.

    As for the Zodiac set, you're right about the base not matching, but I think it looks better than the one that's supposed to go with it And coincidentally, I gave that same set to my brother for his birthday...matching casserole & lid but mismatched base. But the base came from our grandmother's kitchen so it has some sentimental value :)

    ReplyDelete