Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thrifting Finds

Thought I'd share some Pyrex I found at thrift stores in Yuma, Arizona. Yuma is about an hour away and has some good thrift stores, unlike the small town I live in.


The Butterfly Gold fridgie was two dollars after discounts at the Goodwill, the plain mugs cost twenty-five cents each (I purchased three, only two are pictured, though) at the Humane Society Thrift Store, and the Woodland mugs were fifty cents each at the Salvation Army.

I was a bit bummed to not find anything in the colors/patterns I'm focused on collecting (basically anything turquoise, Butterprint or pink), but these pieces are so cute, too. I had never seen plain mugs and have no idea when they were made, but they go with everything.

- Cara-Mia

6 comments:

  1. I like all fridgies - don't you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought my first fridgies, while vacationing in Vegas. I found this great seller on CL but could not manage to get it all home. Ahhh, the Pyrex love is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like turqoise a lot too and I think butterfly gold looks lovely next to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the woodland mugs! I collect turquoise, orange and yellow Pyrex but also love to mix in the brown woodland pattern. Good finds!

    --Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fridgies but find so many of them missing the lids. Cute white mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello all,

    I'm not a Pyrex collector but I came across a bowl in a thrift store that I liked and was wondering if the $30 (US) was appropriate or too high. It was about 6-8" in diameter, had a turquoise outside with a white lip/rim, and a white interior. There were only a couple of small scratches in the turquoise which were only noticeable if I really looked at it closely. Any opinions?

    ReplyDelete