Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Crown of My Collection

I know I'm not the first and only one to post about the Bluebird casserole, but I just couldn't resist showing off what I consider to be the crown of my entire collection. {Which by the way, since starting to collect in May I have over 100 pieces! Uh-oh... time to start trading & re-selling...}

So here she is! My "baby". I found this on Etsy last month, actually, and paid more than I've ever paid for a piece of Pyrex before. But, I ADORE this pattern, have never seen a Bluebird in the wild, and it came with it's original cradle, lid, and box! The cradle looks tarnished some, but the dish itself is pretty much mint, I cannot find a single utensil mark on it. Even the box is in superb condition. And at 50 years old!

So I bought it for $18. More than I've ever spent before, but I had some spending money and decided to treat myself to a Pyrex dish that I truly desired. I love it!

Cheers!
Heather @ Lark & Lola

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd say that $18 is a pretty good deal for such a wonderful piece. I was lucky enough to find a Bluebird dish at a thrift store the other day, but it was only the dish. No lid and definitely no cradle or box. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have purchased for $18 - it's a lovely piece and in the box - even better. The most I've ever paid is $20 for a charcoal snowflake space saver with tealight cradle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... $18. is a pretty good price for what you got! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $18...totally worth it. So pretty. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be VERY proud to have this as part of my collection. Great find at a very good price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not too bad for a pristine, boxed piece with cradle. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen this pattern so I think it is a wonderful deal. Gorgeous with the box and cradle and I think I pretty great price also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I guess it was just the most I've ever spent on Pyrex. But less than $20 for a full set promotional piece is pretty good, I guess. Especially since it wasn't from a thrift store.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete