Wednesday, August 17, 2011

mystery bowls

Today, in honor of national thrift store day - I went thrifting.  Sorry for the non-pyrex popping up in the photo, they were just a part of today's haul.  Anyways, back to the pyrex - picked up this verde casserole in perfect condition.  And then there are these bowls.  They looked like pyrex, they felt like pyrex, and yes, the bottom reassured me that they are.  The question is - what are they?  Any ideas?  I have been trying to find something on them, but my knowledge of dinnerware is not too great.
I love when checking out today with these bowls the nice young man let me know that I had an odd amount.  Now, that doesn't seem strange to me considering I'm at a thrift store, and I just picked up everything on the shelf.  But apparently, this is a problem for some people.  I surely wasn't going to leave one bowl behind - especially not for .49 cents!

5 comments:

  1. Although it's a different color scheme, if you look closely, the pattern on those green & white dishes is the same as the Bronze Tableware.

    I'm guessing it's a rare part of that pattern collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.pyrexlove.com/bronze-tableware-plate-711-series/glassware/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks heather! I thought it looked similar to the bronze but I wasn't sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there the Pyrex stamp under? I have a RW bowl I was so sure was Pyrex but it was Anchor Hockings Fireking it seems they made copies at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah they do - Pyrex Tableware is stamped on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete