Saturday, August 6, 2011

Should I, shouldn't I? I did!




I couldn't decide if I should buy these bowls or not. My Mum has these and a set of the Daisy bowls. She told my sister and I that one day we can have them. I always liked these better than the daisy, and of course I would rather have my Mums set as they are sentimental (she got them as am Engagement present). It is a bit of a drive to the shop that I bought so I decided that I would just bite the bullet and get them. In South Australia where I live I rarely see Pyrex at garage sales or op shops so it seems I am going to have to pay more for my Pyrex. These were $39 but the store keeper gave them to me for $35. They were very dusty but once cleaned look in quite good condition apart from a bit of missing colour on the big one and the smallest on in a little grey on the inside bottom from being used. 

I am really starting to think that you guys in the US have it good because Pyrex seems to be slim pickings down under. Lucky things!



I also picked up these ramekins but I am not sure why because it is something that I never use. I guess I can't resist a bargain. I am happy for them to go to a new home at the cost of postage only, however I think most of you are from overseas so it likely would be too costly but I could always quote. If there are any Aussies that would like them let me know. Hello Vintage

6 comments:

  1. Those ramekins are beautiful. You should just use them to make individual berry desserts :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did really well. I love everything and the ramekins are super duper cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Canada!! Lucky for you to find the set of bowls!!! I bet you are still admiring them!! The ramekins would be great for a bowl of fruit - that's what I use the small fridgies for.

    jillslittlebit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what pattern is the blue pattern bowls?! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Love those ramekins! They are SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the Horizon Blue pattern. Love that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete