Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oh Turquoise! How I love you!!

I had a very good (or if you ask my bank account, bad) day yesterday. A couple estate sales, a few thrift stores, and the local antique mall. I decided to hit the antique mall on a whim after I drove by and saw they were having a sidewalk sale. I got there late in the afternoon and most vendors were packing up. But I went inside. And I'm glad I did. I normally avoid the antique places, because, as you well know, the pricing will kill you. Or at least put you into shock. But it was worth it when I got to bring these two beauties home.

Plus, as I was getting ready to leave, I stopped at one last booth. I was looking at some other things in a really jumbled area. I bent down to check something out and turned around just in time to spot this hiding on the bottom shelf behind some furniture:

My first Pyrex with the original box. And I can tell you that they cost a bit more than the left- over yard sale sticker price of $3.00. But they were on sale for 25% off, so that makes it all okay, doesn't it?

Here's the rest of my haul from Saturday. Oh, except the green and yellow Cinderella bowls. I picked those up a few weekends ago at a fruit stand/antique store. It was being sold as a chip and dip set with the bracket. My question is: were those actually sold as a chip and dip set?



Hope your weekend was as "productive" as mine. Now I gotta go get some housework done around here.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. hmm would love to find pyrex in its original box one day. Great finds! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Here's some chip and dip info for you.. http://www.pyrexlove.com/in/vintage-color/chip-and-dip-set/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great finds! And, although I don't know the actual name, I'm pretty sure that's a true chip and dip set - I've seen several photos of it including this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skbrk/5850809906/in/photostream/
    You're SOOO lucky to have found it with the bracket at the...fruit stand slash antique store...?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I love it all. Great finds. Enjoy it all :)

    ReplyDelete