Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pyrex trivia

1. Does anyone have any ideas about how old this Pyrex measuring cup is?

The marking are all in raised glass, rather than the typical red Pyrex markings.  It also has the closed handle, which I understand is typical of older measuring cups.

2. How old are these flameware pieces?

Here is the large perculator beside my other teapot, which I believe is newer, for comparison.

The top two pieces seem to have a greenish/bluish tinge, unlike my other flameware which are colourless, suggesting it's older.  Also, the knobs on the lids and the handles look very different. 

Looking forward to reading all your comments on this!  :)

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you, but I don't have any idea how old they are. They all look pretty old to me, especially the measuring cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will sound probably harsh, but it's great advice: Get the book.

    All you ever want to know on Pyrex is in it.

    Pyrex manufactured the round teapot well in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SharonLou! :)

    I didn't even know there was a Pyrex book until today so thanks for the advice Vonlipi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. update: a friend who has the book tells me that the measuring cup is likely from 1940 or 1934...how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the measuring cup made? That will help date it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1926 is when they came out with that--http://retrorenovation.com/2015/06/05/corning-museum-glass-pyrex/

    ReplyDelete