Friday, September 23, 2011

First post

Hi everybody!

My name is Amy and I'm so excited to be part of this blog!  I've been reading all of your posts for a couple of months...I love seeing the pretty pieces everyone has and hearing the stories behind them.  I started collecting vintage Pyrex about 2 months ago and I'm hooked :)  My husband and I got married in May and the house we're renting doesn't have a ton of room (which is probably a good thing!), but some pieces I just have to have!

I had never looked for Pyrex anywhere and we randomly decided to go into a little antique store very close to our rental house.  I almost walked out of the area they have set up like a kitchen, but I looked up just in time to see this!


A pretty butterprint fridgie!  I was SO excited!  And there was the start of my addiction :)

I'll post about my other finds soon!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Welcome! I have only been collecting since January. I love all of the patterns and colors and love reading everyone's posts.

    Great find! This one is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice fridgie! I'd like to have one of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find. That's high on my wish list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only two pieces of butterprint that I own are two of these fridgies! One was an estate sale score for $1, and the other from Salvation Army for $1.50. I didn't think I liked this pattern until I saw it in person! yours looks to be in GREAT condition! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete