Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reunited!

I got a phone call the other day from my husband that went something like this:

Hubs: I'm at St. Vincents and they have this dish with a lid that is white and has blue farmers on it.
Me: It's Butterprint.  What size is the dish?
Hubs: It has roosters on it too.
Me: It's Butterprint!  What size?
Hubs: And corn stalks.  It's in really good shape.
Me: IT'S BUTTERPRINT!  WHAT SIZE IS THE DISH?!
Hubs: Uhhhhh 503?  And it has a lid.  Should I get it?
Me: (Silently thinking) Have I taught you nothing?   (Out loud) Yes.
Hubs: Don't you want to know how much it is?
Me: Who cares! It's Butterprint!

So he brought home this perfect 503 refrigerator dish with the lid.  Price?  $4.99.

Then two days later I was in a hurry to get home and I told myself that I wasn't going to stop at the St. Vincent's that I was going to drive right by on my way home.  But I found myself slamming on my breaks and turning into the parking lot anyways.  I just can't help myself.  I'm so glad I stopped.  Look at what was waiting for me...
Two of the small Butterprint refrigerator dishes with lids.  For $3.99 apiece. 
Do you think they came from the same person?  My husband swears they weren't there when he found the larger one.  Why can't the thrift stores ever put things out that obviously go together at the same time?  Oh well.  Good thing I stopped that day, huh?

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I bet they were from the same person - what luck that you stopped - that's such a great find and such a great price! NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lucky!! Great prices, and what a great hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chuckle! What a great find, I am sure your glad you stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that made me laugh. My inner monologue would have been very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the laugh! It's nice to have husbands who think of getting us Pyrex, even if they get stuck on the patterns :)

    ReplyDelete