Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rainbow Stripes Madness

Once I completed my New Dots mixing bowl set, I decided to set my sights on putting together a Rainbow Stripes mixing bowl set.  Lets just say that was easier said than done.  Up until recently, I had never seen any in person and the prices on eBay were just too high for me.  Then, as I posted a few weeks ago, I came across this yellow stripe in an antique mall
Rainbow Stripe Yellow #402
I was pretty excited but not too optimistic about finding any others any time soon.  Then that very same week, I found this at an estate sale for 50 cents
Rainbow Stripe Tan #401
Not my favorite color in Pyrex but Rainbow Stripe nonetheless.

Then, at Goodwill yesterday, I found this

Rainbow Stripe Yellow #403
So I go from never finding any Rainbow Stripe to finding it 3 times in less than 2 weeks.  Crazy, huh?  Now if I could just come across some blue or pink.

Hope you all have good Pyrex luck this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I have never seen these. I am always consistently amazed at how many Pyrex patterns I've never seen..until I do. Congratulations! They're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stripes, what luck to find three in such a short period of time - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' your blog because it's so different than the other ones I read! Your bowls are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily. I have been checking out your blog too and it make me hungry :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous! I really need that yellow 402 but haven't had any luck finding it.

    ReplyDelete