Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Additions.

Hello All!
This is my first post of what I hope to be many more.
These last few weeks have been hit and miss pyrex-wise.
I found these lovely pieces over three days at Value Village.



The 402 was $1.99,
The 473 was 3.99, and the lid was a separate item for 0.50,
and The 475 was 5.99.
All of which I thought was quite reasonable, especially since lately prices seem to be sky rocketing.

I also found this sad looking pink "casserole" dish yesterday at a different value village.


It looked okay at first, then, I flipped it over for this sight
that will for sure give me nightmares.



I couldn't just leave it there though, so I paid the 3.99 for it (damn you Value Village) and brought it home where it will never be abused again. It was a good week, and to think all this started because I found this wonderful set of Butterfly Gold at a yard sale for $5.00 this past summer! The rest was added over the next month. The casserole was 7 (lid included) at The Salvation Army, I also got the blue fridgie there for 3. The butter dish was a gift from my mother and the pink gooseberry bowl was $15.00 from an antique sale (it was weak moment, I just love it so much) The mug was 0.50, and there are 5 more of them! 

That's all for now, but I have so many more to show you!
until next time!
Happy pyrex trails!

6 comments:

  1. You've got the Pyrex bug - but it's so good!! Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy pyrex trails to you too. I'm getting in the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it true that Value Village was bought up by Wal-Mart? Is that why the prices are getting higher? I miss Value Village, we have nothing like it in Sydney, and the SalvationArmy really over-prices EVERYTHING.

    Nice pieces by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experience Value Village prices are still good, but it's definitely a lower-end place to shop. I went to one recently that was really stinky inside for some reason. At another VV I did find a red primary bowl for 97 cents, a yellow primary for $3 and lg daisy cinderella for $3. So yeah, prices much better than at Goodwill or Salvation Army.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!
    I have plenty more where that came from. (and yet, still not enough)
    I got the large primary yellow bowl for 5 at a goodwill, I find the prices to be comparable. It seems to depend on the day and I guess whoever is pricing that day. However, I seem to find more at VV than at Goodwill. A goodwill just opened up around the corner from me about 6 months ago and since then I've found 4 dishes (one was a english pyrex though) Whereas I've found 4 dishes in one week at the VV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VV isn't owned by Walmart. It's owned by a private equity investment fund and is definitely a for-profit enterprise.

    ReplyDelete