Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Pyrex!

 Apparently my husband is not too fed-up with my Pyrex addiction... yet, because he gave me this Christmas Pyrex bowl for an early Christmas gift last week! I am head over heels for this bowl and I have been wanting some Christmas Pyrex SO bad {anything other than the Snowflake patterns, which I already have several of.}
 I wish someone out there could give us more information on this pattern--I'm guessing it was promotional? Does anyone have any idea when it is from?
One side has a ribbons & holly pattern, the other side says, "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year." I LOVE it!

 Also this week, though it has been seeming like Pyrex is suddenly not showing up on the thrift store shelves as much these days, I finally found a nice one. This Blue Doily dish was waiting for me the other day at my local Savers.
 I have to say, this size is one of my favorites, and we use them often in my house. The lid's pattern is ever so slightly worn, but the dish itself is in great condition. This apparently is another pattern we don't have so much information on...
 And I was so pleased to turn it over and see that they were only asking $3.99 for it! I've seen beat up, faded Pyrex going for twice that much at some thrift stores, right?
 Finally, an Old Orchard refrigerator dish. I didn't even know they made fridgies in this pattern! But it was waiting next to the Blue Doily and going for only $2.99. Honestly, I have a few other 503s without their lids, so I would have paid that much (and possibly more) for just the lid!

Speaking of the lid...
It has a small defect I've never seen before. I've inspected it and can promise you it is not a chip. It's obvious it was produced this way, with a dent in the handle. Anyone seen this before? It's rounded and smooth, I can't complain.

Merry Christmas and thanks for looking!

Heather @ Lark & Lola

14 comments:

  1. OMG Love them all but especially the green & red...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you, I adore this bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas bowl and loove the doily! That would be a great find. I have that old orchard dish, also found at a thrift store. Enjoy your new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I have never seen that Christmas bowl before! Nice present from the hub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply must have that christmas bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The christmas dish is beautiful! Never seen it before- excellent job by your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWsers great pieces!!! & if I found either of those at my thrift stores, I think I would fall over {& hopefully not with the lovelies in hand as I go down}. HA! Our thrift stores never have any Pyrex. I think people in my area know the value and it rarely makes the shelves! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg. Super find on the Christmas piece. I've never seen a true name or date for the pattern. There's one on eBay and it's like $75. Congrats on the good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all! I feel very spoiled this year :) I love it so much, it will be the only Christmas item that gets to stay out all year...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I have some small Christmas Pyrex bowls with santas on them see this post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150518146731760&set=a.10150100580936760.309442.356002826759&type=1&theater

    Wondering about them too?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting this. I think I have that lid and I had no idea what it was to. I got it on a divided American Heritage and didn't know what pattern it was.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome Christmas bowl! I've never seen it!

    ReplyDelete