Friday, December 23, 2011

Blue Dianthus?

So Day 1 of my vacation was spent looking for Pyrex, of course! I was bummed that I mostly found stuff for trade. But I found two pretty cool pieces.

The first one was a baby 441. I had no idea what the pattern was but my Flickr buddies helped me identify it. I was given the link to the Blue Dianthus photos on PyrexLove but I wonder why mine is not a true 440 size.
Does anyone know?

Comparison of the 441 Ivy to the 6 oz Dianthus
Dianthus on the 441 Ivy


I also found a Jade-Ite Fire King 2000 Baker.

I'm not completely on board with FireKing or Jade-Ite so it might be going to another home where it will be loved.
Closer look at Jade-ite Baker

Hope you all find some great Pyrex!
-Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I think the FK Jade-ite is a great find, and mint with insert...awesome!
    Don't get me wrong, I am a Pyrex girl at heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I WANT that jadite piece!! Great finds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that is new Jadeite. I never realize they were making it using the old Fire King name. How have I missed that? It is a lovely piece. I have some good things from the Martha Stewart line that I adore.

    And the Pyrex bowls are a wonderful find. I have not been lucky enough to find any Ivy in my adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that's the same as blue dianthus - there's only two flowers per pattern repeat on your bowl, but there's four on the Pyrex Love website. Did you read the Pyrex Love description? There's only one in existence? Hmmm odd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, I don't understand your strict view on what should identify a pattern. There is no doubt that's the same pattern as blue dianthus. Patterns on different sized pieces always have different arrangements or a different size or a different number of motifs.

    Pyrex Love has not been updated in a very long time. At the time they wrote about it they had only seen one set. This pattern is rare but examples of it do pop up in people's collections from time to time. There are even casseroles in this pattern.

    ReplyDelete