Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Finds!

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

Hope you all enjoyed a relaxing weekend. We were so happy here in Houston after almost a month of triple digit weather. Tropical Storm Lee brought us some relief in temperature.

My family spent the weekend hunting for Pyrex. I had a ton of luck! Between garage sales, Craigslist, Antique Malls and thrift stores, I found plenty to be excited about!

I went to lady's house who was selling the Autumn Harvest bowl set (in the second picture) and asked her if she was selling anymore Pyrex. She mentioned some kind of Federal glassware. Imagine my surprise when she took me into the kitchen and showed me all of the Butterprint pieces. She hadn't decided on keeping them or not, but eventually quoted a price. Most are duplicates so I will be adding them to my trade set soon. The solid turquoise pieces came from an Antique stores. The snowflake came from two different thrift stores.

Labor Day Weekend 2011
LOVE Turquoise!
Some from the lady on Craigslist, some from Antique stores and some from thrift stores. The Friendship piece still had the Goodwill price on it for 3.93 but the Antique dealer wasn't too thrilled about going down on the price. I ended up paying $6 which was still fair to me because I only have one piece of Friendship and never seem to find it. It was covered in black goop. I wish I had taken a before picture. It looks brand new now! Some duplicates will be posted in trades.
Labor Day Weekend 2011
Second Friendship Piece!
Some pieces from an Antique mall including my FIRST Delphite bowl. I was so excited and to be honest, I might have missed it. My 9 year old son spotted it. Going Pyrex hunting with my family helps me spot things I might miss on my own. I found the unmarked opal bowls which I love. My MIL gave me the yellow fridgie that is such a a brilliant yellow. This was sold by a dealer in her store.

The Butterprint bowls were found in a thrift store by my hubby. He saw the print from across the store. I couldn't figure out what he was walking so fast toward. He almost bumped a woman out of the way to reach them. I laughed as soon as I saw what was in his hand. I have been looking for the 404 bowl for so long! I didn't even know they made Embroidery in yellow!
Labor Day 2011
404 Butterprint!
Hope you all had some great finds this weekend. I am always happy to scrub and clean new (to-me) Pyrex. Looking forward to your posts!

--Lisa
Check out my new FB page - Vintage Vault

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I want, I want, I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa! All of that today?? Love the yellow embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you hit the mother-load. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Hope to have everything listed to trade soon.
    @ Willow - Not just today, I had a 4 day weekend and made good use of it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'll say you made great use of your 4 day weekend!! Really, really nice pieces of Pyrex!! I'm extremely jealous!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the 404?! i had to cover my mouth from shouting in a jealous rage. haha but i am so happy for you. there are a lot of us butterprint 404 hunters out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. I am quite the green eyed monster right now. I am also on the hunt for a Butterprint 404 in good condition. And solid turquoise pieces too! Oh man...

    You got quite lucky. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete