Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Mom found it first!


My Mom visits a church thrift shop each week in B.C. where she found this lovely pink daisy casserole last week for only $2.00

At first, she said she found a "pretty vintage Pyrex" dish that had flowers on it. "What colour??" I asked, and "... they wouldn't be white daisies, would they?"

"Yes, that's right," she said.

Yikes! Despite some great pieces I've bought lately, this one remains elusive to me... and yet my mother found it!

The best part was when my Dad asked her with some trepidation, "You're not going to collect a ton of Pyrex now, are you?"





3 comments:

  1. Ha-ha! Poor dads! So... did she give it to you????? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typically, she offered it to me, but I refused to take it. I told her she should enjoy it. I have plenty of nice Pyrex in the meantime, until I find my own Pink Daisies. The hunt is half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. found three pieces of my Woodland Brown dishes (2) casserole, (1) small bowl. We were in Gladewater, TX antique village! I was about to hyperventilate! Kind of pricey.

    ReplyDelete