Saturday, September 24, 2011

Don't Ever Challenge a Pyrex Addict!

Two weeks ago, I spent a very enjoyable hour incorporating my new Pyrex finds into the antique cupboard where I keep them at my cottage, re-arranging them into a pleasing display.


As I stood back to admire my work, my husband walked by and said "Looks like it's full. I guess you can't buy any more."

Uh-huh.

Does that not seem like a challenge to you?

So this is what I've acquired over the past two weeks:


So many lovely little pieces of Pyrex.

The perfect little flamingo cake pan came first, from a Value Village for $3.99. The extra lid on top of it came from a Salvation Army.

I answered a Craigslist ad and found one of the contributors to the Pyrex Collective I who was thinning down her collection (thanks, Lolie Jane!) From her I got all the Butterfly Gold and the Butterprint, lime and Horizon casseroles. I also bought a slew of Spring Blossom from her for my sister (you'll notice a couple of the duplicates worked their way into my collection).

The small snowflake casserole was found hiding on the bottom shelf of a Salvation Army for just $2.99.

The clear measuring cup, found at a Value Village for $1.99, is marked T&S Torrington Handmaid and looks quite old.

A previous Craigslist contact brought me the Horizon 444 and a friend traded me the Woodland casserole.

Like I said, so many lovely little pieces of Pyrex.

And, no, I don't think it's full.

P.S.
If you live in the Toronto area, we are arranging an informal Pyrex swap meet for the evening of Oct 13th at a home in Milton. If you'd like to attend, you can contact me through the Flickr Pyrex For Trade discussion item here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! No wonder I can't find any Pyrex! :) a swap meet, how fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- husbands just don't get it! You're right- there's plenty of room in your hutch for more pieces!

    ReplyDelete