Friday, September 16, 2011

Everything tastes better in vintage Pyrex!

Hi folks! This is my first post on the Pyrex Collective II. I'm very excited with every new post that appears, and have been waiting until I had pics of my smallish collection before posting. I just LOVE the bright colors and patterns. Every time I use a piece of my collection, it just makes me happy. :)

As for the title of my post, here is part of what we are having for dinner tonight:


Cheesy potatoes in my newest acquisition - my Friendship fridgie! This was an antique mall purchase, but it was pretty reasonably priced, and in near perfect condition. I was super excited to see it, because Friendship is one of my favorites. I found a yellow daisy 2.5 qt. casserole with lid for $10 in the same booth. The fridgie was $15 (yikes).


Chicken in my snowflake garland lasagna pan. I hesitated about buying this one in a vintage store in my hometown, but it was PERFECT, and I know I'd have had a hard time finding this size while thrifting.

As for the rest of the collection, it's a little piecemeal so far, but here are a few more pics (I've since added a few more pieces). All of this came from garage sales, rummage sales, Goodwill, or Salvation Army.










Happy Pyrex Hunting!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great finds! I especially love that oblong Snowflake Blue baking pan <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great pieces! I've been collecting for a year and am still on the lookout for some of those (Friendship fridgie and ANY lasagna pan). Looking forward to seeing more of your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have some great pieces there. Would love to acquire a lasagna pan as well but they are hard to come by. I recently got a pink flamingo square pan and it is great for baking brownies in it. I find the vintage pyrex is better for baking than the newer clear pyrex pieces.

    ReplyDelete