Sunday, April 10, 2011

Newbie to the Collective!

Hi there, this is my first post to the Pyrex Collective II. I've been following (and drooling) all of the gorgeous pieces for quite a while now and I finally decided it was time to join you!

My name is Tara and I blog over at Scarborough Seashells.

For my first post I decided to share with you some of my most recent aquisistions.
These are currently the pieces I have waiting to find a home in my quickly shrinking cupboards. The pieces were all found over the last two weekends.

Promotional seemed to be the word of the day yesterday. I'd never seen any of these patterns before, so I promptly came home and hit up Pyrex Love to see what I could learn about them.

I found these two 045 2 1/2 qt. Golden Grapes(?) oval casseroles. ($5 for the lidded one, $4 for the non lidded)
The 575-B 2 qt. Golden Pine rectangle casserole WITH it's gold leafed cover. ($5)
This 043 1 1/2 qt. oval casserole which I think is called "Bramble". ($4) No lid and some paint scratches, but as you can see by my curtains in the background, a perfect match for my diningroom.
This Spring Blossom (Pyrex by Corning) butter tub- which had no lid and I definitely want the lid so I will have to be on the lookout! ($3)
And this tiny yellow bowl ($2), which reminds me of some of the larger hostess pieces I've seen, but I've no idea to which set it belongs. Any guesses?
If I've ID'd anything incorrectly, please let me know! I posted more photos of some other recent finds on my blog if you are interested in checking them out. Nice to meet all of you!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Great finds! I'm really jealous of the golden pine rectangle dish and the butter bowl. Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bramble casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That golden pine is so pretty; I've never seen that before. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH by the way, the two casseroles with the grapes are #302 2.5 qt Golden Casserole (1959 promotion). That's what they are called in my pyrex guide anyway..I found one myself last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all your great finds!! I have a lid for the Golden Pine, but no dish...still looking for one. I love the Spring Daisy butter tub, and those strawberries look so yummy perched in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the golden pine. I just found one with the lid the other day. However someone scrubbed part of the lid design off so I am still searching.

    ReplyDelete