Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How Do I Purge?

I have only been collecting Pyrex for a few months but I can see it's going to be a problem. I have no where to put it and I picked up several pieces because they were good deals and/or I was excited just to find them. Several pieces are no where near mint and some have been VERY loved.

We have a garage sale coming up this weekend and I am contemplating putting some of them in the sale. I hope they go home to someone who loves them and has the room. I'm trying to purge NOW and maybe use the money toward the patterns I prefer.

How do you purge? Sell or donate?

Maybe if I put this pyrex into the universe, I will receive it back ten fold--and hopefully in NEW DOTS form. : )

7 comments:

  1. If items have been really well loved then yard sale or donate might be great. There is a site on Flicker for Pyrex trades...try that for pieces you don't want that are in excellent condition and maybe you can trade for a patter you do like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craigslist?

    I don't know if there's an easy way to part with Pyrex willingly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they are really common patterns, then I would sell them at your garage sale! I had the same problem when I first started collecting and ended up donating a lot of my pieces back and focused on collecting the patterns that I love most. Or, if you sell on Etsy, you could list them there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I will look into all your suggestions. I will start with selling the LOVED pieces this weekend at the garage sale. I have a a couple of sets I'm not crazy about that are in great condition. I am new to the trading and have read some comments about people get burned. But I will see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be very hard for me to purge my Pyrex! I guess in my mind I'm not to that point.....YET!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to do trades locally because I'm scared of problems with shipping etc. I'd met a few people in my area on here and on my blog.

    Selling on craigslist also works...I know I've bought some of mine off craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't know how to purge pyrex.i do know how to share-but only with my mom and she usually has a few pieces for me as well :) i can't even let go of my really "loved" pieces.i just us them as my everyday stuff that hubby can throw in the dishwasher since they look like someone already did that anyways.all my pyrex has a purpose in my home where they are well loved-not matter how worn and junky....lol

    ReplyDelete