Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pink Pyrex...

It was probably around 1998 that I started to see the pink Pyrex show up in the antique stores and the flea markets. I had been buying the misc yellow/lime greenish color pieces. They were everywhere I looked. They did not match my vintage pink kitchen. But they were such a funky shade of yellow,  that I could not resist them.

Then one morning at the Whitewright Flea market... I saw my new love. Pink Pyrex.



Here was a gorgeous pink striped bowl... with its label intact! And there were two of them! I purchased both for 7.00.   I have not ever gotten, another piece of pink Pyrex that cheap ever again. 


The matching bowl was given as a gift to my sister. She too has love for the vintage kitchen glassware. Especially when they still have their label attached.


(This was originally posted to  http://farmgirlpink.blogspot.com/ )

7 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped, moaning and groaning: I AM SO JEALOUS!!! But very happy for you, those bowls are SO lovely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic! I love the striped bowls.

    I saw a pink casserole at Value village one day for $4.99, and I was so excited! But when I picked it up to admire it, there was a huge piece of colour missing so I left it there. If I wouldn't use it to serve to guests, I won't buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have two minty 401s...blue and yellow, and a tan 402. no pink in that pattern...lucky you to find two!! so pretty
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I am jealous too!! Pink is so hard to find!! I've only been collecting Pyrex for a little over 2 years, but I think about all the pieces I probably missed years ago when I wasn't collecting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?!!!!! OMG! I live 5 miles from Whitewright and stopped at the antique store today and found 2 primary refrigerator bowls. Love your pink bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?!!!!! OMG! I live 5 miles from Whitewright and stopped at the antique store today and found 2 primary refrigerator bowls. Love your pink bowls!

    ReplyDelete