Monday, October 24, 2011

Flameware Collection

I have slowly but surely been expanding my Pyrex Flameware collection. It started a few months ago with a 1 1/2 qt saucepan:


I found a second one with it's lid for $2:


And finally, I found a 4 cup coffee pot at a Rummage sale for $2. I think the design of these is so beautiful.


The coffee brewed in the Pyrex is much stronger and tastes great, but it takes way longer than my French Press, so I save it for Sunday mornings when I'm not in a rush.

It may not be as bright and retro as my Primary or my Spring Blossom collections, but my Flameware is fast becoming one of my favorite kitchen tools.

4 comments:

  1. Not to rain on your parade but these are not saucepans per se. They are double boiler inserts.

    Now go and find the bottom piece!

    I love Flameware and it is so pratical. I'm glad to see you use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection! My Flameware collection consists of 2 American Hostess teapots, love them! I have come across a few coffee makers but they are always missing the innards.

    How do you make coffee in one of these? Do you use standard measures; how long do you let it perc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my 'tiny' 2 pieces of flameware collection. Hoping it will grow as the pieces are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my flameware and use it all the time - especially the double boiler, the teapot and the coffee pot (I use it without the insert to boil water for my chemex). Great pieces.

    ReplyDelete