Thursday, March 17, 2011

I heart Pyrex!


Hi everyone, it's my first post and I'll keep it short and fun.

Last weekend, I answered a Craigslist ad. A woman was selling a Friendship casserole.

Mint condition, glossy and a reasonable price. Yes please!





The woman then mentioned that she also had a set of Butterprint bowls for sale. Her aunt apparently kept a set for use and another one just for display. This is the display set (I snatched it up, of course!):




















And just when I thought I couldn't get any luckier...




The Pyrex potholder arrived in the mail. I'm in Canada and didn't think I would get it because of the postal code issue - but it's here and it's super cute!








That's all for now. It's great 'meeting' all of you and I hope to see lots of your lucky finds, given that today is St. Patrick's day. Cheers!

13 comments:

  1. Hi! Oh how lucky. Beautiful pyrex pieces. I often look on craigslist for pyrex, I seldom see any :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice Butterprint set!! Lucky you that you got your potholder. I'm still waiting for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY nice!! You are definitely lucky today!!

    --Erin {erinink.etsy.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one amazing set of butterprint! And i love the friendship- great score for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW DID YOU GET THAT POTHOLDER!!!!!

    I WANT ONE!!!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in Canada as well, I tried for the potholder, it wouldn't work for me, I wrote to them and they sent me a 9 x 13 baking pan - I would have rathered the potholder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- those casseroles are absolute perfection! Two of my favorite patterns. I'm still anxiously awaiting my potholder to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have waited to post - I also got the Pyrex potholder in the mail today - it's so cute!! I was really lucky - getting the 9x13 pan and now the potholder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What did you pay for these amazing items? Part of the fun for someone like me who watches all your amazing Pyrex collections grow is hearing how much you paid for them. Obviously Pyrex is priceless but still I think it would be great if the Pyrex authors share prices for the readers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlene, I paid $55 for all of it (minus the potholder). Not a steal, but worth it to me since I hardly ever run across either of these patterns. I considered putting the prices in my post but didn't know if anyone would be interested. Most of my other pieces were in the $2-$8 range. I consider getting a good deal to be part of the thrill of the find :)

    ReplyDelete