Sunday, April 22, 2012

Unusual Pyrex 401s

I was lucky enough to get these great bowls in a BIN on Ebay recently. The description said they were in Great used condition -- like new. WELL when I got them that wasn't the case. They are so worn and faded from dishwasher abuse but I'm still happy because they are pretty rare and unusual looking. Does anyone here have any idea about their date and/or information about them?

The green bowl is in by far the worst condition. The yellow is faded and kind of matte but the orange bowl is in pretty good condition. I love the cool colors these have on them. I've never seen the orange and green and only a few of the yellow on Flickr.

6 comments:

  1. No idea. Cool find! Though I would have been totally annoyed at the seller's description. Let us know if you figure out anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How unusual! I've never seen Pyrex like this! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the "Pyrex Book" they are called TERRA pattern. Issued in 1964. Only shows the brown color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they do kinda resemble terra...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unique, I have never seen bowls like this from the Terra pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... If these are Terra they should be matte, right? Maybe they are in better shape than you think? I have never seen them either. Great find!

    ReplyDelete