Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Surprising Find

Hello Pyrex Friends!

I was at an estate sale the other day and my first stop was the kitchen (as always).  The sellers had a lot of newer kitchen merchandise.  Nothing vintage, so not really my cup of tea. In fact, everything in the house looked as though it had just been purchased in the last few years.  So imagine my surprise when I found this sitting outside on the patio with the gardening supplies
It's not in the best shape but there are no chips and really the only issue is the fading of the graphics.  It's not even like they are faded due to dishwashering. I think it was just left outside for a long time (why else would it be with the gardening stuff?).  Regardless, I was thrilled to find it and even more thrilled to see that it was only $1.00.  Why was I so excited to find it, you may ask?

Because it was the last bowl I needed to complete my Friendship Cinderella Bowl Set!  Not the prettiest of the bunch but she will definitely do for now.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I have some friendship thats a little faded, too. Especially the orange. It's worth it to finish off your set for $1! You can always trade it for a fresher version later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it feels good to have completed that set! A better one will turn up eventually, so enjoy it for now- at least you don't have to worry abput using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uurgh- phones! Of course, I mean ABOUT! :)

      Delete
  3. I just picked up this set for a STEAL the other day, I couldn't pass it up. Love it. Now I' m working on the rest of the set, fridges, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. score!!! $1 is a steal!!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete