Monday, February 13, 2012

Vintage Pyrex stars on the big screen again!


So I'm excited to share this--because I *think* I'm the first person to post this, I'm sorry if you've all already heard it--but vintage Pyrex starred alongside Channing Tatum & Rachel McAdams in The Vow!

My husband and I went to see this movie tonight and the movie was only a few minutes in when I thought I spotted what looked to be a green {Verde?} Cinderella bowl in a kitchen scene...

Could that be Pyrex...?

I wondered for several seconds, and then bam! Rachel McAdam's character turns around with a Butterprint casserole in her hand and sets it down on the table. Of course I freaked out and my husband had to tell me to calm down {he puts up with my addiction pretty well, until I freak out in a theatre full of people over it. It happened last year when we saw Super 8, too.}

There was also a sighting of a Daisy divided casserole in one scene, and I *think* I might have spotted an Early American dish in the art studio scene. 

I'd post pictures if it weren't illegal--but now you'll all have to go watch The Vow, if not to enjoy the movie then to at least for a good Pyrex search during the movie! 

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Cheers,
Heather @ Lark & Lola

3 comments:

  1. I always speak a little louder too when I spot Pyrex in a movie or tv show - that's just what we Pyrex people have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do the same thing!! My hubby, and others sometimes look at me like I'm crazy...which I am...Pyrex crazy, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SAW IT THERE TOO!!!!!!!! I jumped around in my chair a bit with excitement!!!

    ReplyDelete