Monday, February 6, 2012

Another GTA Swap Meet

Don't know about everyone else but I'm experiencing a major dry spell in my Pyrex hunting. After visits to many many thrifts over the past two weeks, this is all I have to show for it:
I long for those heady days last summer when every thrift I visited had a gorgeous piece or three of the lovely Pyrex. Normally, I might even be happy with the finds above but most of these are duplicates for me so I'll use them for trading.

Speaking of trading, if you live in or near the Toronto/GTA area, we are setting up another GTA swap meet for the evening of Feb 23rd at a home in the Yonge and Steeles area. If you'd like to join us (and, seriously, what Pyrex addict wouldn't?), you can contact me through the discussion item or FM me through the Pyrex Love Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/pyrexlove/
Even if you don't have anything to trade, feel free to come and share war stories!

7 comments:

  1. And I am a sucker for Pyrex.... !! Your blog header is GORGEOUS & makes me want to troll eBay & Etsy....!!

    I hope you're having a FANTABULOUS week....!!!!!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo you are so lucky! I would kill to stumble across a find like those. I hit my local thrift's and Goodwill every week but nadda. In all my months (still a newbie) of collecting I have only ever found 3 pieces at Goodwill. All my other pieces I get from the antique malls and stores in my downtown area and pay an arm and a leg. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for that lovely BG divided to be added to my collection! It'll look great with my other 5 divided dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to attend, but never have before.

    Besides trading, what goes on? Do I bring anything besides my Pyrex & myself? Are people posting pictures of what they are trading?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last time was the first time we got together. It was very informal. We had some tea, ate some cookies and traded both Pyrex and war stories about thrifting. It was a fun evening with new friends.

    Bring you and your Pyrex. I think some posted updated pics of what they had for trade but not everyone did. It was fun watching everyone unpack their boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started to collect pyrex in July of last year and am addicted. I would love to come on Feb 23rd, but I am unable to attend. Do you plan on having another swap meet.
    Thanks,
    Dom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will have another one. Pyrex addicts always seem to have extra pieces to trade! Watch any of the PC blogs or join the Pyrex Love group in Flikr to find us again.

      Delete