Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Making room for Pyrex...

So this weekend I posted that I have moved some of my collection to other places in the house. Some of these changes, especially moving my blue collection to our bedroom bookcases, cleared up space. Still I was really at a loss of how to display my collection. My china cabinet is small. I have been looking for other cabinets, but there isn't a lot of room in my house for more furniture.

This weekend I made an executive decision to transfer my most beloved sets in my collection, my six Cinderella sets, to be displayed above my cabinets in the kitchen. I was hesitant at first, but it is really growing on me. My downstairs is an open floor plan, so I like seeing four sets in a row above the oven cabinet set while hanging in the living room. It is almost like they are being spotlighted.

Plus, now my china cabinet is not so stuffed and I can arrange other pieces so that they are highlighted. For instance, it is hard to tell in this picture, but I have the spring blossom and butterfly gold round casserole sets that were just stuffed in a stack or under the cabinet.
Also, I combined a Golden Tulip with two smaller opal oval casserole bowls. I love them! The plain opal bowls are so crisp and beautiful.
The pictures aren't perfect, but you get the idea!
This is what it used to look like.
From Pyrex Collective II
This gives an idea of where it is now.

Some notes: 1. To be precise, I only have five complete Cinderella sets: Spring Blossom Green, Butterfly Gold, Horizon Blue, Autumn Harvest, and Friendship. I have *almost* a full set of the Pink Gooseberry pattern, with the exception of the 443 bowl. In my display this bowl is replaced by a 443 in Colonial Mist. If anyone is looking to trade, I am totally up for it. I also have a few duplicates of the Pink Gooseberry in my daughter's room, but not the 443! It doesn't matter too much to me...you can barely tell that one bowl out of 24 is not quite right. Lol
2. I got the idea of displaying the mugs from someone on one of these collectives. Thanks for the idea! I love it!

1 comment: