Sunday, January 29, 2012

Gifts From The Hubs

I am pretty sure that I have created a monster.  Whenever my husband is in the vicinity of any kind of thrift store (and when I say vicinity I mean a 5 mile radius), he has to stop.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you want to look at it, he only ever looks for Pyrex.  He hasn't quite acquired the eye for all other vintage kitchen delightfullness. 
He found this Shenandoah 1 quart casserole with lid at Goodwill for $2.99.  I have run across these a time or two but never in as good as condition as this one.  Also, the one that I found at a different Goodwill was $4.99.  Why can't they price things the same?
He also picked this Blue Snowflake snack server and lid up at the same Goodwill.  I love this pattern.  I am starting to acquire quite a few pieces of it.  Ok, lets be realistic.  I am starting to acquire A LOT of Pyrex in just about every pattern.

Whenever my husband comes home with a piece of Pyrex he has thrifted, the look on his face reminds me of the one on my dog Bailey's face the time she brought me the dead gopher.  So proud!  Happy Pyrexing! 

1 comment:

  1. Great price! I saw the same lidded Shenadoah casserole at Value Village last weekend for $7.99.

    ReplyDelete