Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weekend Finds!

 Last Saturday,  my Girlfriend  kidnapped me and whisked me away to the Bowie flea market and then to Denton.  The Pyrex Gods smiled on us and I picked up three (444- 442) of the "Sandalwood" patterned Cinderella bowls for $25.
At the same booth I picked up this 1958 "Rooster Black" promotional piece with its gold plate carrier for $16 and although I spent $41 when you think about it each piece was $10.25 and I consider that a deal!
After bowie we headed down to Denton to see what it had to offer, and ended up finding the matching 441 Sandalwood Cinderella bowl for $8 normally I would have waited and tried to find the bowl cheaper, but I mean it was right there in front of me...  So I purchased it an finished the set!
I also spotted a special piece at an antique store that I'm going to try and send money with Patricia next week to snag... and the location and piece is Top Secret until then!

Happy Wednesday!

-Mick-

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm jealous of the rooster, I love that one. I got my sandalwood bowls at an estate sale. You really don't see them that much, do you? I read on Pyrex Love that they were discontinued fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds - I'm so in love with that rooster black casserole, super awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to see ANY Sandalwood out in the wild or in a store. Would really like to get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete