Saturday, October 22, 2011

Far Reaches of Pyrexia

Hi there, first-time poster here. I've long wanted to start my own pyrex collection after seeing all the amazing pieces on the blog. Imagine my surprise when I went back to Asia to help clean out my childhood home and found... PYREX!!! I HAD to snap some pictures though I apologize for the poor quality of the photos.

I don't remember using them as a kid but they must be at least 15-16 years old. Still looking pretty good eh?
The first I believe is Snowflake Blue #442








The second is a Butterfly Gold #483







Needless to say I had to bring them back to Canada with me. I'm happy to report that both survived the journey and are now happily sitting in the cupboard waiting to be used. These pieces are definitely seasoned travelers by now.

Where are some of the craziest places you've found pyrex? I'd love to hear some stories.

4 comments:

  1. great pieces but they are much older than you think - both patterns were produced in the late 60's - early 70's! glad you have them in your home now ready for use - and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat story! Great post and cute pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pyrex can turn up in places you least expect! My mother in law gave me 2 pieces last month out of her cupboards that I had never seen before - and I've been married to her son for 30 years!! Great pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good story. I bet you were just shocked, huh? Let's see, for me, my mom found a blue primary bowl (old stamp) sitting out on my grandparent's back porch. My dad had recently used it to scoop up water that was pooling up from the ill-working gutter. Of course, my mom rescued it and I now use it almost everyday for my cereal :)

    ReplyDelete