Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blue and White Opal

Ever since I did my 100 pieces of pyrex drawings I fell in love with the simplicity of the Blue Delphite pieces. I only have two. The first I found was the Gourmet Promotional Cinderella Casserole. Alas it did not have it's candlewarmer, but I did get it for 7.50 at little thrift store. :) And a few weeks ago, right before my birthday, I found the 402 Blue Delphite mixing bowl at Goodwill for only $1.99. I was super excited. It is so beautiful. I will be on the lookout for the 401 and 403, of course. And eventually I would like the divided dish.
And then during a dry pyrex period this summer I kept running into the white opal dishes. At first I was averse to them because my biggest attraction to vintage Pyrex is the wonderful and fun patterns that have been designed. After I passed them up a few times I decided to get them. All three were Goodwill purchases at very low prices. I have the lids to at least one of the casseroles, although not pictured. So you see the opal 022 and 023 round casseroles, along with Opal 1063 the divided dish below. There is some controversy as to whether Opal dishes are opal, or just other prints that have been over dishwashed, but these are genuine.
And here is a courtesy picture of all of the darlings together!
Happy New Year! May we all find and preserve the wonderful Pyrex pieces out in the wild and unloved as yet!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful pieces!!!! Please check out my post about the Jadeite I got this year!


    Emily
    http://eageremily.blogspot.com/2013/01/calling-all-jadeite-lovers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Jadeite is lovely! Jadeite is always so expensive! :)

      Delete
  2. I have no blue, nor do my friends but I came across the 403 at a estate sale for $4 so I thought why not, it was in perfect shape...and the color is so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful pieces. I'm still on the lookout for my first delphite and opal. Happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delphite is hands down my favourite. I have a cream and sugar, a plate, and a fridgie. Love your promotional delphite piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted on the Collective #1 last week about my white/opal find, it only cost 50 cents, I'm glad I took it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an extra Delphite divided dish if you ever want to do a trade or anything. I'm always looking for the bowls too! $1.99 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if you all know how lucky you are to find these a @ thrift stores. I check quite often and only once ever found a pyrex. Good for you girls, bad for me.
    P.S. The goodwill's in OK mark their plain usual dishes for 3-10 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was originally drawn to Pyrex for the patterns but the longer I collect, the more I fall in love with the opal pieces.

    ReplyDelete