Sunday, July 8, 2012

I'm a Stalker...So What?

After leaving an estate sale the other day, I had about 45 minutes until the next one started so I stopped at Starbucks to grab Maddie something to eat.  BAD idea!  When I got to the sale (20 minutes early) it had already started!  I headed to the kitchen and the only Pyrex there was a set of Butterfly Gold mixing bowls.  This is not a pattern or color I collect so I passed.  Then, I saw a lady walk by with MY Pyrex!  She had the 3 piece set of Horizon Blue casseroles!  I was so bummed.  I told Maddie I was going to throw up (dramatic, I know). 

With my sale buzz totally killed, I proceeded to (discreetly) follow the lady throughout the house hoping that she would set them down and change her mind.  When I saw that she was headed toward the check out, I followed her just to see how much they wanted for the bowls.  $8!  I felt sick again. Why oh why do I punish myself?

Then I heard her say this to the lady running the sale "I'm not liking the price on these.  I'm going to have to think about them."  I immediately swooped in and told the lady that I LOVED the price and I would take them.  She asked the other lady if she wanted them because I was interested and she told me to go ahead and take them.

Oh the joy!

So here they are.  They didn't come with the lids but that's okay because I have extras.  Ready for the part of the story that will let you know just how crazy I get when it comes to Pyrex?  I got home and found that I already had 2 out of 3 of these bowls.  I guess when I spot Pyrex at an awesome price, my mind completely quits working properly.

On a side note, we are having a garage sale in two weeks and will have TONS of Pyrex at super cheap prices.  I'm talking $1-$3.  Everything is in awesome condition.  I just need to get rid of it.  So if you are in the Eugene-Springfield area of Oregon, let me know and I will give you more info.

In the meantime, you can head over to our blog The Adventures of Two (Pyrex Crazy) Thrifting Sisters and see what else we've been up to in the world of thrifting.

Have a great Sunday!

Erica

4 comments:

  1. Stalking pays off- ha! I just might fly to Oregon to attend your sale- it would be worth the "pyrex high!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, so i USED to run into this issue all the time and then i got a smart phone. i don't know how i lived without the darn thing for so long!!! not only does it navigate me to the estate sales, but it has my updated list of my pyrex collection (300+ pieces) so if i don't recall what i already have....my phone is there to rescue me. i used to not care if i came home and realized that i had doubles, but since my display and storage space is limited, and there are others out there also collecting, i rely on my pyrex list on my phone to let me know what i already own.

    happy thrifting!

    leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story!! My heart was in my throat wondering if she was going to take it just because you wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! You were Pyrex sick? I love it!
    Can u, by any chance, please have your garage sale in Australia? I promise I'll buy it all!

    ReplyDelete