Friday, May 4, 2012

A nice treat on a bad day

So....my husband is in the middle of finals in dental school, we are flat broke, and my two year old is getting on my last nerve! The bugs are out in full force in Houston, and they DO make them bigger in Texas. Ugh.

I took advantage of a small break while my little man was at preschool to stop off at a local thrift store. I was lucky enough to find an orange daisy cinderella bowl there recently, and what did I spy today but these two little lovelies sitting on a shelf. No lids, but they were 90 cents each and no chips. I snatched them up, in addition to a small vintage drum shade for a 50's lamp I've had, some t-shirts for a rug I am latch hooking (yikes! it's going to take forever!), some vintage Noritake salt and pepper shakers, and an amazing vintage Rocking K Ranchwear western shirt. I didn't have enough time to dig around the whole store, but I wanted to. Here's to small pleasures on days you want to rip your hair out!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good therapy trip! Love the fridgies, and those canisters are FAB!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a great price on the fridgies! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete