Saturday, January 26, 2013

Happy Pyrex to me

Last month I celebrated my 25th
birthday, and thanks to my parents and my hubby, I had one great day. A couple of months ago my sister heard of a man in her area that was selling loads of Pyrex. We got ahold of him, and next thing we knew, we were buying $225.00 worth of Pyrex. My mom bought some for me and my husband bought my other half. All for my birthday. I have been patiently waiting for that day to come. The guys wife was a collector but they were moving out of state and had no way to ship it all. They started out with over 600 pieces to sell. He sold all of the fridgies before we even got to him. I don't even want to think of all of the pieces I missed. So anyways, my part of the $225 was $75 bucks. I got 17 pieces (not including lids) so that averages out around $4.50 a piece. Not too bad in my opinion. Happy Pyrexing to you all!





5 comments:

  1. Oh, a belated happy birthday and lucky lucky you! Great pieces you found.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated b-day! What a treat to get all that Pyrex for your birthday. You're a lucky girl!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got some awesome pieces! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! That's a pretty perfect gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mags....you should share the pic with us sitting in the middle of all the pyrex!

    ReplyDelete