Here is the recipe if you're interested:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold or frozen
1/2 apples peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
· Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
· In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture; use your fingers to work in butter, and then stir in apples.
· In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
· Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball.
· Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then drizzle with Oregon black truffle oil before serving.
Thrifter Sister Hanna